Digital Marketing Resume: 10+ Tips and Tricks of 2023
4 min read
How to build a resume for digital marketing freshers in 2023?
You have landed at this page means you are looking for the easiest and most effective tricks to make a digital marketing resume in 2023.
And we are here to answer all your questions to craft a resume for digital marketing job seekers in India.
Digital marketing is one of the most anticipated career streams in 2023. According to a study by Statista, the value of Indian digital media was 385 billion Rupees in 2022. Interestingly, the figures are expected to reach 537 billion rupees in 2022.
Hence, you will encounter numerous opportunities if you are looking for digital marketing jobs in 2023. However, you can not apply for any of them without a professional digital marketing resume.
Considering this, we have answered all your digital marketing resume-building questions here, including:
- What kind of jobs can I get in digital marketing?
- How do I write a digital marketing resume?
- How can I improve my CV for digital marketing?
- What skills are in demand for digital marketing?
- Where can I find digital marketing jobs in 2023?
Building a digital marketing resume can be time-consuming as you will have to be precise about your skills, experience, education, and other details.
However, you can dodge all this by using HyreSnap Resume Builder. This AI-based resume-building tool is efficient enough to craft a professional digital marketing resume in a few clicks.
Let us get more details about digital marketing profiles in India and ways to build a professional digital marketing resume in 2023:
Digital marketing is a diverse sector where you can see multiple profile titles focusing on different areas of it.
Making a resume for a digital marketing fresher is a bit tricky as you do not have the experience to showcase and justify the skills mentioned in your resume.
Hence, we recommend you get a specialized digital marketing certification and list it in your resume.
Moreover, you can also list your projects done during your certification in the place of the professional experience section. It will showcase your capabilities as a digital marketer.
Crafting a resume for digital marketing executives is less complex than for freshers.
Applying for an executive position means that you have specific knowledge of digital marketing and have worked on it previously.
Hence, you can choose a reverse chronological or combination format to frame your resume for digital marketing executives.
Being a senior profile, a resume for digital marketing managers can be time-consuming. However, you can use the same reverse chronological or combination formats to build a digital marketing manager resume.
The professional experience part of your digital marketing resume is critical to managing. Hence, we recommend writing it in bullet points and highlighting essential information and technical terms in that.
You can start writing your digital marketing resume by choosing a suitable resume format. Out of millions of resume formats available, we have chosen 3 widely used and practical resume formats that can help you bag a digital marketing job in India.
It is one of the fundamental and commonly used resume formats worldwide. As its name suggests, all your information goes in reverse chronological order in this, with recent being at the top.
This is a skill-focused resume format, which highlights skills more than a candidate's professional experience. This resume format is designed for people having a career gap.
This resume format is a combination of functional and reverse chronological resume format.
It is mainly like the reverse chronological resume format, but you can see the difference in the professional experience section. You can club all the similar professional experience points under a skill heading.
You can choose any of these resume formats suitable to your career and start writing your digital marketing resume in 2023.
After opting out of a professional resume format, you can add all the essential resume sections to your digital marketing resume.
Here are some sections that you can consider adding to your resume for digital marketing jobs in India:
It is the uppermost part of your digital marketing resume. We recommend adding your full name instead of ‘Resume’ in this section. Here are some tips that will help you while framing this section:
Below the heading comes the contact information section. You can add all your professional network details here, including:
Never use casual social networking profiles like Facebook in this section. You can also mention your Medium profile here.
This is the section where you write your current profile title. It comes below your contact information, and you can use the following tips to frame this section:
As its name defines, this section summarizes your entire digital marketing resume. Hence, you must frame it after writing every other section of your resume.
Here are some tips for writing a practical resume summary in 2023:
If you are a fresher, you will not have the professional experience and expertise to frame an appealing resume summary. Hence, we recommend writing a resume objective instead of a summary if you are a fresher.
You can follow these tips if you are writing a resume objective instead of a summary:
Skills play a vital role in your resume and can also increase your shortlisting chances. Hence, we recommend adding as many trending digital marketing skills as possible.
However, your skill set must be genuine, as the recruiter will ask some questions from this section.
Here are some trending digital marketing skills that you can learn and add to your resume in 2023:
|Content Marketing||Lead Nurturing|
|Email Marketing||Inbound Marketing|
|Social Media Advertising||UX Design|
|Content Creation||Digital Media|
|Data Analysis||Website Maintenance|
|Strategic Planning||Video Marketing|
|Brand Marketing||Competitor Analysis|
You can list your technical skills separately to highlight them and grab the recruiter’s undivided attention.
The technical skills in a resume can include the tools you use, programming languages you know, techniques you can implement, etc.
Here are some technical digital marketing skills you can use to make your digital marketing resume technically strong.
|Google Analytics||Google Ads|
|Campaign Management||Adobe Creative Suite|
This is the most critical section of a digital marketing resume, as it comprises all of your professional details. Moreover, recruiters and hiring managers also spend most of their time on this section while screening a resume.
Hence, you must pay keen attention while writing this resume section. Here are some tips that you can follow while framing this section to make it effective and professional:
You can understand it better by checking out the example given below:
Strategizing & Optimization
- Developed and executed a comprehensive digital marketing strategy, including SEO, PPC, email marketing, and social media.
- Optimised email campaigns to achieve a 30% open rate and a 5% click-through rate, exceeding industry benchmarks.
Traffic Increment & Team Management
- Increased website traffic by 50% and lead generation by 75% through targeted content marketing campaigns.
- Managed a team of three digital marketing specialists and provided coaching and mentoring to improve performance and achieve KPIs.
Product Launching & Testing
- Collaborated with the product team to develop and launch a new mobile app, resulting in 20,000 downloads in the first month.
- Implemented A/B testing and conversion rate optimization strategies that increased website conversion rates by 25%.
We recommend only freshers or 1-year-experienced candidates add this section to their resume.
For freshers, this section can replace the professional experience. Moreover, you must frame this section just like the professional experience section mentioned above.
Experienced candidates can add this section below the professional experience section. It will improve the technical strength of your digital marketing resume.
This section elaborates on your educational qualification. You can add the following details while framing this section of your digital marketing resume:
You can mention this section below the education section. Here you can list all your certifications relevant to the role you are applying for.
Here you can see the details that you can add in the certifications section of your digital marketing resume:
To keep you updated with the latest market trends and digital marketing tools, here we are listing the 10 best platforms providing online digital marketing certifications (free+paid) in 2023.
You can opt for any of the following digital marketing certifications to become a highly skilled digital marketer this year:
- Professional Certificate in Digital Marketing- Kellogg School of Business
- Google Analytics Certification- Udemy
- Digital Marketing Pro Certification- American Marketing Association
- Digital Media & Marketing Certification- Duke University
- Digital Marketing Certification- BrainStation
- Digital Marketing Certification Program- Columbia Business School
- Digital Marketing Specialist- LinkedIn
- Google Ads Skillshop- Google
- Digital Marketing Certification Course- HubSpot
- Digital Marketing Certifications- Semrush
You can also dodge this section, but adding this will make a good impact on the recruiter. Here are some details that you can add to make this section appealing:
Here you can add all of your volunteer experiences. It will showcase your team spirit and dedication to the work.
It is not a professionally important section but looks good if you have it in the digital marketing resume.
You can use this section to add any other details to the resume. Generally, candidates use this section to showcase the languages they know, i.e., Hindi (Native), German (fluent), and French (Intermediate).
A job description can help you build your resume specifically for the targeted job and clear the ATS screening round without any hurdles.
You can pick technical keywords from the job description, use them in the resume, and highlight the skills required in the digital marketing JD.
Below you can see an example of what a digital marketing job description looks like:
We are seeking a talented digital marketing specialist/manager to develop, implement and manage our digital marketing campaigns across various channels. The ideal candidate will have experience in creating and executing effective digital marketing strategies to achieve business objectives.
- Develop and execute digital marketing campaigns across various channels, including email, social media, display, search, and other digital platforms.
- Monitor and analyse campaign performance metrics and provide regular reports to the management team to optimise campaign performance.
- Plan and execute social media campaigns to drive engagement and increase brand awareness.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure brand consistency across all digital marketing efforts.
- Conduct market research to identify trends and insights that can inform digital marketing strategies and tactics.
- Optimize website and landing pages for better conversion rates and user experience.
- Manage and maintain relationships with external vendors and partners to ensure efficient campaign execution.
- Stay up-to-date with digital marketing trends and best practices to identify opportunities for improvement and innovation.
- Manage budget and allocate resources to achieve campaign goals.
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, business, or a related field.
- Proven experience in developing and executing successful digital marketing campaigns across various channels.
- Proficiency in Google Analytics, AdWords, and other digital marketing tools.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to use data to drive decision-making.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong project management skills and ability to manage multiple campaigns and priorities simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to think creatively to solve problems.
We strongly recommend reading the job description clearly before applying for any digital marketing job in 2023. The recruiter must feel that your resume is specifically made for the applied job. It might also get you extra points in the recruitment process.
A digital marketing cover letter can back you up during the recruitment process. Though many companies don't need a cover letter along with your resume, sending one undoubtedly makes an impact.
Cover letters need to be different from the resume. It should consist of information that you didn’t get a chance to include in the resume.
You can start writing your digital marketing cover letter with your most significant achievements and capabilities that make you stand out from the crowd.
In the second paragraph, you can mention what you liked most about the company you applied for. It will make the recruiter feel that you are interested in joining the company.
In the third paragraph, you can align your skills/capabilities with the company’s requirements. Finally, you can ask for a revert for your application soon.
Additionally, you must keep the following points in mind while writing a cover letter for your next job application:
You can also check out the digital marketing cover letter format given below to craft an impressive cover letter for your next digital marketing job application:
Header (Your Name)
Date of Application
Name of Hiring Manager
Designation of Hiring Manager
Subject: (Profile for which you are applying)
Dear (Name of the hiring manager),
Cover letter Details
You can craft your digital marketing cover letter by mentioning these details in the sequence mentioned above.
Crafting a technically strong professional digital marketing resume is not a piece of cake. It takes a lot of time and effort to build one that can impress the recruiter during the hiring process.
You can either follow these above-given steps or use HyreSnap Resume Builder to build your digital marketing resume in 2023. It is an AI-based resume builder that can build job-winning resumes in a few clicks.
Here are some facilities that you can see in the HyreSnap Resume Builder:
Building a resume is a time-consuming process. However, you can use HyreSnap Resume Builder to save time and effort. It comes with the power of artificial intelligence to offer you professionally made resumes in a few minutes.
For additional career assistance, you can always feel free to contact us at email@example.com. Our career experts will be obliged to help you frame your career in the best possible way.
Try Now for Free!